PlotMM - GTKmm plot widget for scientific applications.
PlotMM is an extension to the gtkmm library. It contains widgets which are primarily useful for technical and scientifical purposes. For the beginning, this is a 2-D plotting widget (see screenshot above).
PlotMM is based in part on the work of the Qwt project (see http://qwt.sf.net/ for details on Qwt).
PlotMM is hosted at http://plotmm.sf.net/
PlotMM works fine with gtkmm versions 2.0 and 2.4/2.6.
Andy Thaller <email@example.com>
- Project admin:
- The features of PlotMM include:
- Plot Widget with tick marks, tick labels, axis labels, a title and an optional selection rectangle (grid and legend will be added soon)
- curves for 2D-data with and without errorbars; the curves can be drawn using various curve styles and symbols, each with different colors
- axes have automatic major and minor tick generation for linear and logarithmic scales and provide autoscaling
- signals allow to handle mouse events from the plot canvas
- a simple example application ("curves") shows some basics
- a more sophisticated example application ("simple") demonstrates the use of all PlotMM classes and shows off redrawing speed for large amounts of data
PlotMM is a young project bringing a fast data plotting widget to the GtkMM community. You can support its success by testing new code and report your experiences back to the developers, submit bugfixes or register as a regular developer. If none of these possibilities appeal to you you might want to consider supporting PlotMM with a donation.
- What can I do for PlotMM?
- Anonymous CVS is also available: To be on the burning edge of PlotMM development, the CVS repository can be checked out through anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. When prompted for a password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key.
Please keep in mind that compilation of a CVS version might fail. As usual, bugfixes are welcome anytime :-)
cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/plotmm login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/plotmm co plotmm
You are already viewing the automatically generated docs for PlotMM. However, there are some special pages we would like to refer to for convenience's sake:
- Last night's CVS tarball can be found here.
Registered SourceForge project for PlotMM
Began work on PlotMM by porting some fundamental classes from Qwt.
Generated on Thu Nov 10 15:26:21 2005 for PlotMM by